'It's Fun being a Girl... Great being a Woman!'- Synett Stewart



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's all about the Flavor!

It's approaching fall, or it already is if you are like me who gages the seasons when school begins and ends, and all the designers and beauty editors are giving us the latest looks for the season.

  It can be a little daunting as a reader on what really is 'do-able'. We might think, should I really put this purple eyeshadow all over my lid?  These 'Harem Pants' really look like 'Hammer Pants', is it really a good idea to wear?  The eighties brights are back?! Didn't we all look back on the eighties and grimace just a little?

Well, let's think about this a little... do we have to do exactly what we see in the magazines or on the internet to be in style? Or are the things that are shown to us really intended to be a guide?  I think the latter. What we see as the final product in the magazines have been sifted and edited countless times!  So focus on the flavor of a style.  Purple eyeshadow that's featured in a magazine might make you feel like you're auditioning for a Broadway Show, which might not be the look you're going for.

I really do love this picture above!  It's Nars, one of my favorite cosmetic lines!  But this is my flavor, yours might be different. Ok, so back to the point...
    
This style, like I said, might be too much. Does that mean purple is not for you? NO! Try purple eyeliner instead, or a wash of lavender, which BTW is beautiful paired with silver hair!

As far as the Harem Pants the flavor is eastern culture. Think Eat, Pray Love... if you mimic the feel of the clothes, you're in!              
The eighties is a stigma some of us just might have to go to therapy for....LOL

 In review, don't look so literal at trends. There are plenty of styles for us to look at and we may relate more to one or we might see ourselves a little in all of them. Either way, look for the flavor and adapt it to your lifestyle and comfort level.  This way you will always feel current and comfortable!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the first picture with those purple lids. I just have no where to wear those! (a photo shoot would be appropriate…which I don't do unfortunately…. LOL) I was just going to buy some purple shadow yesterday….glad you sent this! Thanks Syncere Beauty~ :)

    ReplyDelete