'It's Fun being a Girl... Great being a Woman!'- Synett Stewart



Saturday, April 2, 2011

Laugh and Move On!

 Yesterday was a sunny, not too cool, not too warm day. Perfect spring weather! I planned to run errands but I didn't want to drudge around and look dumpy. So, I pulled out my favorite white, bohemian skirt and a cute top, jumped in the shower, washed my hair and shaved my legs. Slapped on some lotion and stink-um's (perfume), got dressed and was feeling pretty spunky. Do you ever have those kind of days? Where you just feel as if you're gorgeous?

 Anyway, one of my errands involved a shoe store. I need to find a cute pair for a wedding. I slipped off my sock to put on one of those terrible footie things and when I looked down I saw a little line of hair that had escaped the death of my razor that morning! I just stared at it for a few seconds, reason being, I hate being hairy and having to shave so, it's a self esteem issue for me most times. I then laughed and shook my head. I put on lotion, how did I MISS THAT?! But, I'm in the store, it's a beautiful day, I look cute, for goodness sake, I am wearing knee socks and boots no one is going to see that small line of missed hair. But, because I am self conscious about it it could have totally ruined my day, sad as it may seem.

 Here's my revelation, we are all human. None of us look the models in the magazines (even they don't look like the models in magazines) Self image is 85% confidence in ourselves. So, when a mishap like that happens, even if the world would have seen it, just feel the dismay, laugh and keep it movin'! A little fashion faux pas never killed anyone ......... at least not anyone I know! I was a part of the 'Don'ts' club for a day, and it wasn't the first time nor the last.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect message for today. Dwelling on the insignificant can cause stress... and stress kills. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a necessary message/thought especially with spring being here and summer quickly approaching. Thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete